Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Podcasts
Podcasts are good for feedback. They are like a personal tutorial on a project that is done and could be improved. Podcasts Podcasts can be created by both teachers and students. Teachers can use them for lectures for student absences. Teachers can supplement information that students did not comprehend. Students can use them for projects. Podcasts are convenient because they can be listened to when the learner has time to fit it into their schedule. Podcasts can be listened to again if they did not catch all the information the first time. Podcasts can be listened to again if they did not catch all the information the first time. Podcast can be listened to again if they did not catch all information the first time. Podcast can be subscribed to through RSS feeds so that makes them convenient. Podcasts are one of the newer technologies that are being accepted in schools. Screen casting that is mentioned in Richardson's' book sounds very interesting to me and I Would like to learn how to do that. It is a combination of Podcasting and showing a picture of what is on the computer screen to teach others others how to use a program on the computer. The live streaming TV could be used in my school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Rochelle,
ReplyDeleteI'm not really looking forward to the podcast project because I guess I am so overwhelmed with all the media formats we have learned so far. I can see the benefits, but again, how many of these tools can one use at a time?! Also, I wonder how many of my college students would actually attend certain classes if the lecture was available on a podcast? I speculate that I'd only have 25% attendance if there were no other strings attached. Not necessarily that I disagree with it - but something that would need work and thought.
Very clever...."Podcasts can be listened to again if they did not catch all the information the first time. Podcasts can be listened to again if they did not catch all the information the first time. Podcast can be listened to again if they did not catch all information the first time."
ReplyDeleteI actually went back to reread the comment, thinking I lost my place and then began to chuckle. It reminded me of how many times I have to repeat myself before my own children and students actually listen.
I know what you mean Daryl. My voice is very monotone. I feel like I need to pay someone to do a voice over HAHA! I need to hire a theatre person. When your listening to something the voice has to be something you enjoy. I only listen to radio or even television people that I can stand to or even enjoy listening to their voice. Its a gift.
ReplyDelete